This website uses cookies to function correctly.
You may delete cookies at any time but doing so may result in some parts of the site not working correctly.

tempMedical Certificates

Illnesses lasting 7 days or less do not require a doctor’s certificate. You can complete a self-certification form (SC2) which is available from your employer or can be downloaded from the HMRC website.

If your employer or insurance scheme requires a doctor’s certificate to cover the first week of illness, we can issue a private certificate, for which there will be a charge.

If you require a certificate for an illness which lasts longer than a week, a statement of fitness to work can be issued by your doctor free of charge.

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website